Автор Тема: Mega Civilization PnP  (Прочитано 5975 раз)

Оффлайн Yaaroo

Mega Civilization PnP
« : 20 Декабрь 2016, 22:19:15 »
Hello

I'm wondering if somebody is interested in PnP version of Mega Civilization.
I did redesign and translation to Polish. Multiple components are done from scratch.

Big fat warning!
Unless you know Polish all files required translation to you language. Only few components are available in English.

Downloads:
http://bit.ly/MCiv_PnP

« Последнее редактирование: 16 Январь 2020, 13:06:37 »

Поблагодарившие: Gigasaur, Vlasija

Оффлайн Vovang

Mega Civilization PnP
    « Ответ #1 : 21 Декабрь 2016, 14:28:14 »
    Настоящая наркомания! Игра на 18 человек!

Единственный отзыв на Тесере:

"...Поиграли раз, мало кто хоть как-то понял правила, несмотря на то что прочитали. Более как-то не собирались..."

Оффлайн Yaaroo

Mega Civilization PnP
      « Ответ #2 : 21 Декабрь 2016, 15:03:15 »
      Настоящая наркомания! Игра на 18 человек!

Единственный отзыв на Тесере:

"...Поиграли раз, мало кто хоть как-то понял правила, несмотря на то что прочитали. Более как-то не собирались..."

Actually my version is for 9 people max. :)
      Rules are simple (if you have someone to explain them) and it's by far my most favourite game of all. :D
      « Последнее редактирование: 29 Декабрь 2016, 12:13:19 »

Оффлайн midav65

• Прохожий
          • Просмотр профиля
        Mega Civilization PnP
        « Ответ #3 : 22 Декабрь 2016, 09:20:09 »
        Very cool! PNP please..

Оффлайн Yaaroo

Mega Civilization PnP
          « Ответ #4 : 22 Декабрь 2016, 09:28:39 »
          Very cool! PNP please..
          Please d/l find link in a first post.

Оффлайн alfalfasecas

• Прохожий
              • Просмотр профиля
            Mega Civilization PnP
            « Ответ #5 : 22 Декабрь 2016, 15:17:32 »
            Oh men! What a nice work! Congratulations!!

How did you do the cards?

Оффлайн Yaaroo

Mega Civilization PnP
              « Ответ #6 : 22 Декабрь 2016, 23:20:58 »

I'm not sure what you are asking about. how? I create card template, then spent a week searching for matching background images, merge all together and add text on the end :)
              You must be more specific :)

Оффлайн alfalfasecas

• Прохожий
                  • Просмотр профиля
                Mega Civilization PnP
                « Ответ #7 : 23 Декабрь 2016, 07:55:43 »

I'm not sure what you are asking about. how? I create card template, then spent a week searching for matching background images, merge all together and add text on the end :)
                You must be more specific :)

I was talking about the "manufacturing" process of the card. Did you print the PDF in a heavy paper? The cards were print in two different papers and glued together later?

The same question for the "manufacturing" process of the tokens. Which material did you use to build them?

Оффлайн Yaaroo

Mega Civilization PnP
                  « Ответ #8 : 23 Декабрь 2016, 11:17:04 »
                  I was talking about the "manufacturing" process of the card. Did you print the PDF in a heavy paper? The cards were print in two different papers and glued together later?
                  The same question for the "manufacturing" process of the tokens. Which material did you use to build them?

Ok. :) That's more clear now.
                  First of all I use this:
                  https://github.com/SirYaro/arrange_cards/blob/master/arrange_data/karty_setup_poker.png (or this, or this)
                  as a template to arrange cards and create full pages.
                  That is in case you want to re-done something or just translate. :)

After I had ready to print pdf I printed cards back on a foto paper (one sided, glossy around 200g) and then fronts on self adhesive foto paper (glossy 115g).

Now if you take a look at provided template (karty_setup_poker.png) there a two borders there. One is gray around whole page, and other is white just around crop marks. Whole template is designed to cut off gray area on all pages. That way you will have cards perfectly aligned to the center (all in a same fashion) no matter how bad work your printer might did. :)
                  Then you stick adhesive front to non-adhesive back. Since both side are the same you will have both sides perfectly aligned. In addition card's backs have no details on a sides so if you do some sloppy job with merging both sides cards will still looks good after you cut them.

Then you have to cut pages into separate cards and use corner rounder to remove crop marks.
                  You can see some more here and here.

As for the tokens I've ordered laser cut tokens from 3mm plywood. Than I painted them with wood stain (I dipped whole batches in a stain, I didn't paint with brush of something), polished with sand paper (1000+), applied layer of spray lacquer, quick polished again and apply second layer of lacquer. Then same process with other side.
                  then I applied stickers and spray 3rd layer of lacquer.
                  You can see few images of that process here.

Оффлайн alfalfasecas

• Прохожий
                      • Просмотр профиля
                    Mega Civilization PnP
                    « Ответ #9 : 24 Декабрь 2016, 05:11:13 »
                    Ok. :) That's more clear now.
                    First of all I use this:
                    https://github.com/SirYaro/arrange_cards/blob/master/arrange_data/karty_setup_poker.png (or this, or this)
                    as a template to arrange cards and create full pages.
                    That is in case you want to re-done something or just translate. :)

After I had ready to print pdf I printed cards back on a foto paper (one sided, glossy around 200g) and then fronts on self adhesive foto paper (glossy 115g).

Now if you take a look at provided template (karty_setup_poker.png) there a two borders there. One is gray around whole page, and other is white just around crop marks. Whole template is designed to cut off gray area on all pages. That way you will have cards perfectly aligned to the center (all in a same fashion) no matter how bad work your printer might did. :)
                    Then you stick adhesive front to non-adhesive back. Since both side are the same you will have both sides perfectly aligned. In addition card's backs have no details on a sides so if you do some sloppy job with merging both sides cards will still looks good after you cut them.

Then you have to cut pages into separate cards and use corner rounder to remove crop marks.
                    You can see some more here and here.

As for the tokens I've ordered laser cut tokens from 3mm plywood. Than I painted them with wood stain (I dipped whole batches in a stain, I didn't paint with brush of something), polished with sand paper (1000+), applied layer of spray lacquer, quick polished again and apply second layer of lacquer. Then same process with other side.
                    then I applied stickers and spray 3rd layer of lacquer.
                    You can see few images of that process here.

Nice!! Quite a lot of work, but the result is extraordinary. Thanks for the info! It has been very useful for me :)
                    « Последнее редактирование: 24 Декабрь 2016, 07:06:22 »

Оффлайн alfalfasecas

• Прохожий
                        • Просмотр профиля
                      Mega Civilization PnP
                      « Ответ #10 : 24 Декабрь 2016, 12:05:33 »
                      Yaaroo, do you have the text font that you used in your files? For the translation :)

Оффлайн Yaaroo

Mega Civilization PnP
                        « Ответ #11 : 24 Декабрь 2016, 14:10:04 »
                        Yaaroo, do you have the text font that you used in your files? For the translation :)

I though you're Russian speaker and I was wondering why the hell you need latin fonts :D :D :D but I checked your posts and I notice you didn't use single Cyrillic letter ever :D
                        So your request makes much more sense :D

Please find fonts included on server.
                        Last version of box is also included there. DXF file was made in libreCAD.

I also updated cards with the newest version. There were few mistakes there before. They're corrected now and also fonts are changed - now cards are WAY, WAY easier to read. Previous font was to decorative for cards.

Please re-download karty_cywilizacji_advancement_cards_gimp2.8.xcf and towary_comodities_gimp2.8.xcf files again.

Оффлайн Aslantr

Mega Civilization PnP
                          « Ответ #12 : 16 Январь 2020, 13:02:12 »
                          That is just an amazing job done !!

On the top of the files you shared, do you have the Map and Calamities in editable format for translation, please ?
                          Thanks in advance  :)

Оффлайн Yaaroo

Mega Civilization PnP
                            « Ответ #13 : 16 Январь 2020, 13:36:00 »
                            That is just an amazing job done !!

On the top of the files you shared, do you have the Map and Calamities in editable format for translation, please ?
                            Thanks in advance  :)
                            I'd happily upload this files for you BUT they disappeared from my drive somehow about two years ago (with at least two other PnP) :( No idea how this happened. I just uploaded some pdfs that I found here and there so with a bit of determination you can do something with it. There is very little text on calamity cards so removing and replacing it should not be that hard...

Оффлайн Aslantr

Mega Civilization PnP
                              « Ответ #14 : 16 Январь 2020, 15:32:54 »
                              Ok I will.
                              Thank you for your answer.